This chapter covers the following topics:
- Add Users
- Manage Users and Groups
Domain synchronization to add a new users /groups or synchronize existing ones is performed once per day automatically. If necessary, you can create an immediate domain synchronization job to incorporate changes. To add new users/groups (Office 365 groups) to users' grid and synchronize changes for existing users, on Users click action menu, then select Sync Domain. Users will be added to grid automatically. Shared mailboxes and public folder mailboxes are also added and synchronized along with regular mailboxes. Every shared mailbox or public mailbox requires 1 user backup license. Now you can enable all or specific users to configure backup for them.
Manage Users and Groups
To manage users/groups included in Microsoft 365 Backup, select Users in horizontal menu bar.
All users/groups are listed in the grid. Headers are active grid elements which allow you to sort lists according to specified criteria. You can select multiple users or user groups to configure backup for them.
The grid contains the following data:
User/Email. User displayed names and email addresses
Last backup. Date and time of last backup
Backup Size. User backups size on storage
Backup License. Backup license status for user. The following statuses are available:
- Assigned. This status means that the license is assigned to the user and is active. This status is painted green
- Not available. This status means that license is either deleted or expired. To learn more about licenses, refer to the Licensing chapter
- Inactive. This status means that backup service is switched off for current user and license is not used.
Retention Policy. This status specifies whether the default or custom retention policy is used.
User Groups filter can be used to select:
- users outside any group (Not in Groups),
- users included in specific Office 365 group, distribution list, or mail enabled security group
- all users (All Users). This option clears the filter.
User / Domain filter can be used to select:
- All - all users. This option clears the filter
- Users in Domain - all users included in backed up domain
- Users Not in Domain - all users with configured backup that resides outside backed up domain
- Blocked/suspended Users - all users with sign-in blocked or suspended status
The following statuses can be used to filter data:
- All - all users. This option clears the filter
- Backup On - all users WITH configured backup
- Backup Off - all users WITHOUT configured backup
- Non-Domain with Backup - all users with configured backup that resides outside backed up domain
- Blocked/suspended - all users with sign-in blocked or suspended status
Also, you can use search to filter the users by search expression. Type the search expression in the Enter Search Request box and click the search icon.
Users grid contains a set of controls which can be used to navigate to the mail, drive, contacts, and calendar backups of selected user. These controls displays specific service backup status (service enabled (green), service disabled (grey), or service unavailable due to license issues (red)).
|Mail backup for selected user|
|OneDrive backup for selected user|
|Contacts backup for selected user|
|Calendar backup for selected user|
If you use Business product edition, you can enable all or selected users within the user limit set for your subscription:
- To enable all users click the user menu, then select Add All To Backup. All users are now enabled and you can configure backup for them. After the backup is configured, it will be started automatically.
- To enable multiple users, select required users to turn on enabled status for these users/groups (main selector).
In case you need to increase user limit refer to Expand Your Subscription.
Configure Backup Options for Selected User
To configure backup options for one user, select this user in the grid, then click Configure Backup to configure backup services for this user in the pane to the right.
Depending on Auto-activation settings for the group containing these users, users can be enabled or disabled in the grid in case your user limit is not exceeded. In case you need to increase user limit refer to Expand Your Subscription. To configure the backup for the disabled user turn off the disabled state for this user in the pane to the right, then enable backup for the following Microsoft 365 services: Mail, Drive, Contacts, and Calendar. Once you are done, click Save.
Configure Backup Options for Multiple Users
To configure backup options for multiple users, select required users in the grid, then click Configure Backup to configure backup services for these users in the pane to the right. You can use filters above the grid to simplify the user search process.
To disable multiple users, select required users in the grid, then click Configure Backup and turn off enabled status for these users (Enabled selector). All backup services will be disabled for these users. Cloudberry Backup for Microsoft 365 / Google Workspace licenses will be reseased for these users.
To resume backup services for the disabled users, turn off the disabled status for these users (Disabled selector), then enable backup for desired backup services. Cloudberry Backup for Microsoft 365 / Google Workspace licenses will be assigned again for these users, if available.
Once you are done, click Save.
Configure User Permissions
To configure user permissions for one user, select the required user, then click Permissions. In the pane to the right select the user permissions and an alternate account required to validate some operations, e.g., deleting the user's backup content.
The following permissions are available:
- Sign In. Enable this option to allow users (except for a global Microsoft 365 administrator which is granted with this permission by default) to sign in to console and view their backed up data
- Restore. Enable this option to allow selected users to restore data from the backup content.
Also you can enable and configure alternate account for selected user. Once you are done, click Save. To configure permissions for multiple users, select required users to apply permission configuration to them, then click Permissions. Use right pane select user permissions and set an alternate account for these users. Once you are done, click Save.
To configure assignment of retention policies created according to Retention Policy chapter, select the required user(s) and click Retention Policy.
In the pane to the right, select the existing retention policy for selected user(s).
Export to PST
To export copies of messages, calendar events, and other items for selected user to PST (personal storage table) file, select the required user(s) and click Export To PST. Export task will be created. You can monitor this task in Task Manager. After the task is complete, you will be notified by email. Notification will contain a link to the backup storage folder with exported PST file. You can download exported PST file using this link. Alternatively, you can download exported PST file from the Reporting > Export Results.
Refer to Export to PST chapter for details.
Auto-Activate New Users
To activate all new users automatically use this option as described in Auto-Activate New Users chapter for details.
Export to CSV
To export users data to CSV (comma-separated values) file, select the required user(s), then click Actions menu and select Export To CSV. The Users.csv file will be exported to your Downloads folder.
Delete Backup Content
To delete backup content for one or multiple users, select the required user(s), then click Delete Backup.
- In the right pane, select Microsoft 365 services to be deleted from backup contents.
- Specify the alternate email address. Deletion operations require setting up an alternate email address.
- Click Delete. Backup content will be removed from backup storage
Note that data deletion is not available without providing an alternate email password