Create Mail Archive
Email archiving is a key component of a company’s IT strategy and information management policy. Backup for Office 365/ G Suite introduces independent mail archiving solution for Exchange Online users. Users can benefit from all advantages of secure mail archiving with Backup for Office 365 / G Suite. The application creates 1:1 copies of all mail messages according to Archive Options configured by user. Original mail messages are deleted from mailbox to save space and mail message copies are stored in backup storage to ensure the security and availability of large amounts of data over a period of years. Users can access mail message copies on Mail page in the same folders where original messages were displayed, and search through them, if necessary. Archived messages are marked with an orange envelope icon in a grid, as opposed to the original messages, which are marked with black envelope icons
Configure Archive Options
To configure archive options perform the following:
- Select Mail in the horizontal menu bar of the dashboard.
- Click Options on the horizontal menu bar
- Click Archive Options tab
- Choose any options you want, configure include or exclude rules.
- These rules will be applied to the archive job for selected user(s). To apply these criteria to archive job for all domain users, select the Apply To All Domain Users check box, then click Save.
Search and Filtering
You can quickly sort messages to see the archived messages first. To apply sorting, simply click the selector above the message type icons. By default, all messages are sorted by type, and then by date. The lists of messages might be very long and hard to manage. Use Search box above this grid to look for archived items matching the certain criteria. Select Backup Archive check box, select the required filtering criteria and/or enter search expression. Once you are done, click Search to get search result.