Register Walrus Storage Account
Eucalyptus is an open source software framework for cloud computing that implements what is commonly referred to as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Eucalyptus software provides users with the ability to run and control isolated collections of virtual machine instances with many EC2/S3-compatible tools.
Walrus is a storage service included with Eucalyptus that is interface compatible with Amazon S3. Walrus allows users to store persistent data, organized as buckets and objects.
Retrieve Access key
To register your Walrus account in CloudBerry Drive, you must retrieve your Query ID and Secret Access key:
- Log in to your Eucalyptus Management console and select the Credentials screen.
- Scroll down to Query Interface Credentials section and click the Show Keys button.
- The Query ID is equivalent to the Access Key in CloudBerry Drive. You will need to copy and paste this key into the Walrus Account screen in CloudBerry Drive.
- You will need to copy and paste the Secret Key into the corresponding field on the Walrus Account screen.
Register Storage Account
Perform the following steps to register your storage account:
- From the Options, select "Storage Accounts" tab.
- Click the Add button and from Storage Provider field, select the Walrus.
- On the Add Storage Account window, enter a name for the account in the Display Name field.
- The Walrus storage Service Point is "epc.eucalyptus.com:8773/services/Walrus".
- Paste the Query ID and Secret Key from the Credentials screen of your Eucalyptus Management console (see above).
- Click the OK button to add the account using these credentials.
Now you are ready to add this storage account as drive.