Register Amazon S3 Account
To register your Amazon S3 storage account with CloudBerry Drive, you must know your AWS Access and Secret keys.
Where Can I Get The Access Keys?
Since April 21, 2014 AWS changes the policy on the use of keys: the secret key retrieving is no longer possible.
- Open the IAM console.
- From the navigation menu, click Users.
- Select your IAM user name.
- Click User Actions, and then click Manage Access Keys.
- Click Create Access Key.
- Your keys will look something like this:
- Access key ID example: AKIAIOSFODNN7EXAMPLE
- Secret access key example: wJalrXUtnFEMI/K7MDENG/bPxRfiCYEXAMPLEKEY
- Click Download Credentials, and store the keys in a secure location.
Add Storage Account in CloudBerry Drive
The storage account defines the location where your data will be backed up. Use the following steps to register your storage account:
- From the Options, select "Storage Accounts" tab.
- Click the Add button and from Storage Provider field, select the Amazon S3.
- On the Add Storage Account window, enter a name for the account in the Display Name field.
- Copy the "Access Key ID" from the Amazon S3 Access Credentials and paste it into the Access Key field.
- Copy the "Secret Access Key" from the Access Credentials and paste it into Secret Key field
- Select the Use SSL box to use secure SSL connection to Amazon S3 to protect your data during transfer.
- You can test the SSL sertificate and test the connection, if necessary.
- Click the OK button to add the account using these credentials.
Now you are ready to add this storage account as drive.