Register Softlayer Object Storage Account
Below is the instruction on how to sign up for Softlayer Object Storage, find your account credentials and connect CloudBerry Drive to Softlayer Object storage.
Retrieve Access key
To register your Softlayer Object storage account in CloudBerry Drive:
- Go to the https://control.softlayer.com/ and enter your Username and Password. Click Log In.
- Click on the Services link in the main menu.
- Go to the Storage > Object Storage.
- Select one of the account locations you would like to find out the credentials for.
- Click on View Credentials.
- Now you should see your account credentials with Authentication Endpoints list, Username and API Key. You will need this credentials to register SoftLayer Cloud Storage account with CloudBerry Drive.
Register Storage Account
Perform the following steps to register your storage account:
- From the Options, select "Storage Accounts" tab.
- Click the Add button and from Storage Provider field, select the SoftLayer.
- On the Add Storage Account window, enter a name for the account in the Display Name field.
- Enter the name of the user in the User Name field.
- Enter the path to your Authentication Service. Ensure that you enter appropriate API key for the "Account location" you've selected. API keys are different for Dallas, Singapore and Amsterdam regions.
- Use Keystone authentication, if necessary, and enter your Tenant ID or Tenant Name.
- You can test the SSL sertificate and test the connection, if necessary.
- Click the OK button to add the account using these credentials.
Now you are ready to add this storage account as drive.