Step 10. Pre / Post Actions
Customize actions before and/or after the backup plan exectuion.
Execute Custom Scripts
You can execute custom scripts before or after running the backup plan.
- To specify the script execution before the backup plan starts, select the Pre-backup action check box, then specify the path to the script in the field below. To open a standard Windows dialog box, click the ... button
- Select the pre-backup script execution options:
- Exit backup plan if pre-backup action failed. Select this option to cancel the backup plan in case the specified script fails
- Continue backup plan if pre-backup action failed. Select this option to run the backup plan regardless the specified script execution results
- To specify the script execution after the backup plan terminates, select the Post-backup action check box, then specify the path to the script in the field below. To open a standard Windows dialog box, click the ... button
- Select the post-backup script execution options:
- Execute post-backup action only if backup plan has been successfully completed. Select this option to execute the post-backup script only in case of a backup plan success
- Execute post-backup action regardless of the backup result. Select this option to execute the post-backup script in any case
Note that an absolute path to a script is required, i.e. if you specify the path to a script, it should be as follows:
bashc:\scripts\prebackup-script.batIn case the absolute path to a script file is not specified, the default directory for script is "C:\Windows\System32"
The following script formats are supported: EXE, COM, BAT, CMD, or PIF
Mind that MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup supports EXE files have several restrictions: EXE files must not use GUI and must close automatically upon termination.For example, the following script will not succeed:
bashcmd.exe /F:ONIn this case, this command must be used with the /C parameter, as shown below:
bashcmd.exe /F:ON /CThe same restriction applies to applications executed by PowerShell scripts:
bashPowerShell.exe Start-Process cmd.exe exit
It is recommended to perform a test run for the created backup plan to ensure that MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup properly executes specified scripts.
Backup Plan Chains
In case you need to run another backup or restore plan once the backup plan is finished, use the Backup Chain feature. To create a backup chain, select the Backup chain check box, then select a backup or restore plan to be chained.
- Execute the specified backup plan only if backup plan has been successfully completed. Select this option to execute the chained backup plan only in case of a backup plan success
- Execute the specified backup plan regardless of the backup result. Select this option to execute the chained backup plan in any case
- In case you chained a backup plan, you can enable the full backup for it regardless the contents in the backup storage. To do this, select the Force full backup for the chained plan.
To learn more about the full backup type, refer to the Full Backup chapter
Once you are done, click Next.
Click Next to proceed or Back to return to the previous step.