Step 10. Notification
Specify notification settings.
- To receive the notification after the backup plan completion, select I want to receive notification email when backup completes check box.
- Select When backup fails option if you want to receive the notification message only in case of the backup plan failure
- Select In all cases option if you want to receive the notification message in any case.
- In the fields Username, Email, Email subject specify the notification email details. You can specify one or more email recipients. Separate them by semicolon or comma, the recipient name (one for all of them). The email subject that can also contain any of the following variables:
- %COMPUTER_NAME%. Displays the instance name on which the backup plan was executed
- %RESULT%. Displays the result of the backup plan. Possible values: Success, Finished with warnings, Failed
- %PLAN_NAME%. Displays the name of the backup plan.
- If you want to use own SMPT server for notification emails, select the I want to use my SMTP server for email notifications check box, then specify the settings for the SMTP server
- If you want the backup plan record to be added to Windows Event Log, select on Add entry to Windows Event Log when backup completes check box
- Select When backup fails option if you want to receive the notification message only in case of the backup plan failure.
- Select In all cases option if you want the entry to be put in Windows Event Log in any case.
Click Next to open the Summary step.