Step 8. Retention Policy
In this step, configure the retention policy. You can indicate if you want to delete versions older than a pre-defined number of days from the modification or backup date. Similarly, you can explicitly determine the number of versions of each file that must be retained on the storage.
The following settings are available:
- Use default options specified for the whole project. Select this option to use the predefined retention policy settings. To view and edit them, click the options link in the legend
- Specify custom retention policy for backup plan. Select this option to use custom retention settings for the backup plan
- Delete versions older than. Select this check box to delete old file versions in cloud storage, then specify the time period for this action to be applied
- Keep number of versions (for each file). Select this check box to specify the number of versions of files that are kept in backup storage, then, in the Number of versions field, specify the number of versions
- Delay purge for:. Select this check box to specify the purging of file versions with the retention period expired. Then, specify the period in days, weeks, months, or years
Click Next to open the Schedule step.