Once the session is established, a in-session menu appears on the top of the host screen: Windows
This control allows you to perform the following actions:
- Show always on top
- Access in-session menu
- Start a chat
- Change a display mode for multiple monitors (optional)
- Mute/unmute the sound
- Mute/unmute the microphone
- Minimize/maximize the screen
- Manage outgoing connections
- Switch between View Only/Full Control mode
- Exit the session
During the session, you can select the display mode for multiple monitors on a remote side.
- Select required monitor via the topmost View menu.
- Select available monitor options while the session is active. The following options are available:
- Particular monitor. Displays contents of the selected monitor
- Multiple monitors in one window. Displays all monitor content in one window combining the view
- Multiple monitors in separate windows. Displays each monitor's contents in a separate window. You can switch between these windows
There is also a number of available features via the topmost View menu. By clicking this menu you can access the following settings:
- Enter full screen or Exit Full Screen
- View Options > Show Remote Cursor. Displays the remote machine cursor
- View Options > Hide Desktop Wallpaper. Hides the desktop wallpaper, which may affect the speed of connection
- View Options > Disable Aero Style. Disables the Windows Aero style, which may affect the speed of connection
- Remote Screen Resolution. Changes the remote display screen resolution. Use this option if you want to speed up the connection. As of Connect 3.3, if you change the resolution, you will be prompted to save this setting. This setting can be saved for each of multiple monitors separately.