MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup for macOS & Linux is distributed under a licensing model, on a per-user basis. Each edition of MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup (three in total) offers a free 14-day trial version with complete functionality and a freeware version with the most basic functionality for personal use.
Activating MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup for macOS & Linux
When you launch MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup for the first time, you will be prompted to select one of the following editions:
- Home Edition. This is a free version intended for private use that supports only file-level backup without encryption or compression.
- Free 15-day Trial. You can try any edition of MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup and all of its features for 15 days free of charge.
Enter your email address and click Start Trial.
Enter your email address and then select an edition:
- Personal Edition. Intended for personal use. Unlike the freeware version, Personal Edition supports encryption and compression;
- Server Edition. Designed for servers;
- Ultimate Edition. Our flagship product that has no storage limits and entitles users to priority support.
- Activate Commercial Version. If you've already purchased a license, you may enter the license key and start using the product right away.
You can also optionally configure proxy settings by clicking on Proxy Settings.
You can always switch between various editions back and forth in the Settings menu.
MSP360 (CloudBerry) Backup should launch and you can go ahead and add a local or cloud backup destination.
If you don't have an internet connection, you can perform offline activation through MSP360 (CloudBerry) Central. Read this article that explains the process in detail.