Introducing New Backup Format (BETA)
The new backup format is based on the following approach: backed up data on storage is always kept as data container. This approach enables keeping backup plans completely independent from each other. Thus, every backup plan is a separate directory that delivers backup data to a specific location on backup storage. This rules out any possible plan interference issues.
Backup data on storage is divided into blocks and a block is a main operating entity. Upon data uploading to backup storage, blocks are combined into data parts. Data part size can vary. A part size depends on uploading speed and backup storage provider limitations. Uploading data by parts enables to continue upload starting from the last successful part in case of backup interruption.
New backup format key features are:
- Client-Side Deduplication
- Mandatory Consistency Check
- Full Consistency Check
- Restore on Restore Points
- Optimized operations with storage, resulting in fewer requests, faster synchronization, and faster purge
- Continued data upload in case of network issues
- Object size up to 256TB to any storage destination
- Optimized performance and storage usage for a large number of small files
- Improved incremental backup performance.